Monday, July 21, 2008

Mississauga represents...

I am the new girl on the block at FAME and have been welcomed with open arms. The day Christine (our E.D.) offered me the job she said, "we'll Lynds make sure you talk it over with your honey, because it is a big change to your family". And I did. A week later I arrived home from my first week at FAME with an arm full of stuff from our annual Simply Diva's fundraiser (a women's sized t-shirt, beautiful necklace, buttons). Later that evening I was getting ready for some sleep when my partner was knocking at the bathroom door, saying that he needed to get in there for something. A little irritated, I reluctantly opened the door to see him wearing my way too small Simply Diva's t-shirt and some cat ears that I wore for Halloween!! He said, "if your looking for a Diva next year keep me in mind". I don't think that I had ever laughed so hard.

In the last couple of months here with the most amazing families in Mississauga I have come to realize that keeping your humor and remembering to laugh every once in awhile is so up lifting. This is a lesson that my partner reminded me of before I started, is something that my FAME family practices and is what Mississauga families share with me everyday.

Many Thanks.

p.s. Pictures were taken and I promised to never show them to anyone. But a FAME posting might be the most appropriate place!!!

1 comment:

From the desk of the FAME E.D. said...

Hey, I'd be willing to pay money to see those pics! We could use it as a fundraiser! Meow! Tell your partner we'd love to see him out at a diva audition. :)

Great blog by the way! Loved it!