Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shortest Walk for the Biggest Cause

I was recently approached by the Schizophrenia Society of Ontario (SSO) about helping to spread the word regarding their annual Walk of Hope for schizophrenia fundraiser. They actually came to my office and dropped off their impressive posters which say: " shortest walk for the biggest cause " - I like it! Shortly after this I was talking to Marina Sue-Ping at SSO regarding another matter and got to talking about their Walk which happens to be exactly one week before the FAME divas fundraiser. Marina shared how much her and her kids enjoy this outdoor walk each year which is being held in Coronation Park in Oakville. I lightly mentioned that maybe I could bring my kids and join in. For the next week or two after this conversation I found myself revisiting this idea and whether or not I could find the time. Whether it was the close feeling I have to the SSO because of the similarity they have to FAME in being a small, low funded organization or because of the fact that, like divas, this is such a good cause I decided I HAVE TO GO!

So if anyone wants to join us or to sponsor me or just pat me on the back(lol) then feel free.

In sunshine solidarity,

Frank

No comments: