Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thanks to the Partnership

Hi all,
Just wanted to share a really nice outcome that came out of the partnership FAME has with Rapport Youth and Family Services. As some of you may know, the Brampton FAME office is located within Rapport's ECLYPSE youth drop-in centre. For some time now, I have been looking for a place to store extra boxes and supplies that I felt were unsightly in my office. My wife happened to have a tall wardrobe container that she no longer had room for in her Toronto clinic and she was willing to donate it to FAME. However, the piece was a dull colour and really needed a paint job. After talking the situation over with Everton, Eclypse youth staff member, and discovering we still had paint left over from when I painted the office when moving in, Everton came up with an idea. How about having one of the youth that do their community service hours at Eclypse do the painting.

Well the wardrobe container got painted the 2 matching wall colours, holds all my extra office and group supplies and looks great! There you go, just one example of how partnerships work!

Frank

No comments: