Wednesday, June 3, 2015

How to FIX Canada's Mental Health System

I always have good intentions of starting my day reading the newspaper to find out what is happening in the world but, life gets in the way and day in and day out I am left in the dark. However, today I made it my priority to check out The Globe and Mail after one of the families I support tipped me off on a series called Open Minds, which features issues related to mental health research, diagnosis and treatment.
**Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #OpenMinds**
So, I utilized the lovely invention we call the internet, and pulled up an article in the series called "How to fix Canada's mental health system". This is a question that comes up daily in my interactions with people in the mental health community and with families whose loved ones are navigating the current fragmented system. I encourage you to check it out.
I am going to make reading or even skimming the newspaper for articles like this a daily routine, today is a new day to make a change and I sincerely want to stay connected with what is going on in the world and more specifically the mental health community. You know what they say...KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!

No comments: